Don’t get caught with a shocking phone bill on your return home.
There are a few things to do before you leave:
- If taking your own phone and phone number turn off data roaming before you leave.
- Consider purchasing a prepaid SIM card to put into your phone. You can purchase these from many providers and also add it to your existing phone plan.
- Join Skype both for your computer and your phone.
When you are away:
- Keep your texts and calls short.
- Piggy back onto local WIFI when available. Most hotels offer free or cheap WIFI.